The all new GTT product is purpose designed from scratch for the MCS. Its purpose is to effectively catch and store oil present in the breather system to prevent it entering and contaminating the intercooler core, which dramatically reduces its cooling efficiency. (I.e. reducing power). Also by trapping the oil we are stopping it from entering the combustion chambers, where the effect would be to reduce the octane of the fuel as it mixes with it. Lowering the octane results in earlier onset of pinking; this too reduces power combined with much greater risk of engine damage!
1. Highly attractive all aluminium hand mirror polished construction. No silicone tube body means no collapsing in use!
2. Proper internal baffle plate with adjustable height. We do not rely solely on a ball of gauze to trap the oil!
3. Neat screw in dipstick to check oil level. Plastic sight glasses discolour & can collapse during use.
4. Drain plug for fast emptying of can without requiring dismantling or removal.
5. Comes complete with mounting strap and correct length hoses. The can mounts to chassis using single existing fixing bolt.
Available in polished Gloss Black, Red or White
Fits: Gen 1 Cooper S (also JCW / GP1)
Note: For some 2002 cars you will need to read this article regarding fitting information: Link
For R52, Remove your “additional” strut tower mini brace and fit a Aerobox strutbrace… you can fit it with some light modifications with the mini brace also… see pics here: https://www.gtt.uk.com/gtt-2008-sidewalk-upgrade-restoration-project/
Articles related to this product: https://www.gtt.uk.com/gtt-intercooler-and-gtt-oil-catch-can/