Our Armrest design has been described as ‘straight out of a James Bond Car! ‘The quality of this product has impressed so much that we have even been asked to produce this item for Bentley fitment. The entire assembly is CNC milled from aircraft spec alloy, The removable knappa leather, (in grey or black) alloy top slides forward on Stainless steel keyhole location plates then lifts off to reveal a solid alloy tool tray with intricately milled cut outs. This houses an Oil filled compass (rotatable & removable), AAA Maglite, and Italian made Nieto designer pen knife. Even the bases of the tool pockets are finished in a chequered effect fabric. The armrest pivots upwards to an angle of 20 degrees ‘back’ from vertical. This puts it in line & parallel to the seat backs when in the ‘up’ position.
Design features of note include:-
* the rear cup holder is retained & fully usable, even with a tall bottle, it does not interfere with the armrest in either the ‘up’ or ‘down’ positions.
* The height and position is just right; you can rest your forearm on the armrest with your hand on the gear-knob.
* You can still comfortably operate the handbrake even with armrest ‘down’.
* With the armrest ‘up’, even wrestling with auto test type steering & gear changes, the armrest never gets in the way of your elbow.
* Braking very hard at speed the friction loaded pivot of the armrest will not let it fall forward from the ‘up’ position.
* The detail extends to the CNC turned pivot caps; dimpled and available in either Bronze or Chrome finish. All alloy parts are zincate treated, hand mirror polished, copper plated, hand polished again, double nickel plated then finally chromed. This gives the chrome incredible depth. You need to see it in the flesh! 100 % guarantee no plastic construction!